What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is a chemical compound, or cannabinoid found in the cannabis or marijuana plant. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the psychoactive compound found in marijuana that causes a high. But Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive making it completely legal to sell and buy in the UK.
This makes CBD an appealing product for people who are looking for relief from pain or other mental and physical symptoms without the effects of the high from marijuana or other pharmaceutical drugs.
Unfortunately, in the UK, the CBD market is not regulated meaning there are many products on the market which do not have reliable dosages and ingredients in them. For Example, varying levels of CBD and THC to what is stated on the bottle and various ingredients which may not be stated. This is why all our products at Refill Station CBD are certified to ISO 9001 standard by The British Assessment Bureau to ensure the quality and consistency of our products are of the highest standard. What we state is in our products is exactly what you get.
CBD is gaining huge popularity in the world of health with multiple studies finding it may relieve chronic pain and anxiety. Some of the benefits of CBD include:
- Pain Relief: CBD may be effective at reducing pain and inflammation associated with diseases such as Rheumatoid arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis. As well as aiding with muscular/joint inflammation and recovery.
- Treat Anxiety and Depression: Studies on animals and humans have shown CBD can reduce anxiety and depression.
- Alleviate Cancer Related Symptoms: CBD has been shown to aid in the reduction of side effects and symptoms related to cancer and the treatment. Researchers also believe CBD may have cancer-fighting properties, but more studies will need to be done to confirm this.
- Reduce Acne: Due to the anti-inflammatory qualities and the ability to reduce the level of sebum CBD has a beneficial effect on acne.
- Neurological Health: Although research is limited, CBD has been shown to ease symptoms related to epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease. CBD has also shown to reduce Alzheimer’s disease progression in animal studies.
- Heart Health: CBD may aid in reducing blood pressure and preventing damage of the heart, but more human studies are needed.
- Sleep: CBD has shown to improve the quality of sleep and aid in reducing insomnia.
There are many more possible benefits of CBD which researchers are investigating such as aiding with mental disorders such as schizophrenia, diabetes prevention and substance abuse treatment.
So why not see what CBD can do for you? Our range of CBD is tailored for variety of different uses and comes in a variety of forms: Gummies, oral drops, vape liquids and lotions. Find what works for you and reap the benefits of CBD today!